Despite digital being around for many years, the concepts of digital transformation and digital as the new normal are still being bandied around. While Covid-19 has sped up the move to ecommerce for many brands, from insurance to retail, digital has been part of the marketing mix for many brands for years. However, this does not mean that these brands have not, and still do not, face challenges that come with building a digital brand. This is particularly
so for traditional bricks and mortar brands. This panel discussion will focus on the best approach for branding as an
• Digital has been around for years, as part of a brand’s marketing mix. How should a brand view digital?
• What is multi-channel promotion and brand messaging as opposed to omni-channel customer-focused delivery.
• What are the challenges associated with this?
• What challenges in particular do traditional bricks and mortar brands face that are different to native digital brands?
• What is a single view of the customer across all touch points and how does a brand achieve this? What are the challenges?
• Ethics. How can brands ensure their customers’ data is protected at all times?
• Where do SA brands stand compared to other brands in the world when it comes to building a digital experience for brands?
• What trends will influence this space going forward?